Sunday, May 22, 2011

Angel Gallery Opening Report



Last Friday Mary Jo and I drove on over to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho to attend the May art walk. I was the featured artist at Angel Gallery, and was asked to do a painting demonstration during the event. We had a very nice time-- the weather and setting were each beautiful, the company couldn't be beat. In the picture above, you can see my art in a corner of the gallery, and Mary Jo, looking stunning, chatting with one of the nice Angel Gallery folk.

I found a pretty little Degas dancer reproduction, and decided to focus on that as my subject.


My joke was that was probably as close as I'll ever come to hanging next to Degas, so I should probably take advantage of it.


I staked out a little spot that wouldn't interfere with foot traffic too much, and began painting.
I was working without a net... nice jeans and shirt. No apron.




There was a large turnout, and I did my best to engage and interact with the crowd.

After 3 hours or so of painting and talking, the final piece:


And I didn't even get paint on my clothes.

Thanks to everyone who turned out, Mary Jo for her lovely support, and to Angel gallery for hosting the event!

No comments: