Sunday, October 28, 2007

On inspiration and influence

I know I that I should be saving instead of spending (I'm getting ready to take the plunge and paint full time), but every now and again you come across a really good deal...


I have many sources of inspiration and influence. Perhaps the greatest of these are the artists I was exposed to in New York while I was at Parsons School of Design (and the Met): Hopper, Degas, Bonnard, Vuillard, Klimt, Schiele, Sargent, Silverman, Kelley...( to name a few)

I have since found many others (who I'll write a bit more later), especially with the advent of the internet era. Which has become, for me, the biggest museum/gallery in the world.

But I digress.

I started this post mentioning that I spent a little money recently. Thanks to a post by Karin Jurick, I found out that Margaret Dyer, an artist who has been particularly inspiring to me for the last ten years or so, is blogging. And not only is she blogging, she's started posting pieces up on Ebay.

And so...

I now have 3 new pieces of art in the house:

1, 2, 3



3 comments:

Steven said...

Nice post Jason... sweet purchases, too.

Good luck with going full time. There's no doubt in my mind that it's what you should be doing.

Keep up the inspiring work, man! And the great blog!

Margaret Dyer said...

omygod. I just found your web site, and I am humbled. Thanks so much for honoring me by buying my work, and mentioning me on your blog. Your work is wonderful--which makes this even more of an honor.

Good luck with your sales on ebay. I'll be watching...

Margaret Dyer

Jason Waskey said...

Thanks Margaret! :)