Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Road to Pishkun Reservoir (sold)


The Road to Pishkun Reservoir, oil on canvas, 20" X 10", 2009
sold



There are a lot of two lane dirt roads in Montana, with wide rolling vistas. This scene was perfect for the long landscape canvas boards I picked up for this trip. The sun was hot until the rain cme in about halfway along through the painting. I waited it out and returned to the canvas.

I sort of stumbled onto the road to Pishkun reservoir by taking a right turn about 5 blocks from my girlfriend's parent's house in Choteau. The town is tiny, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that within 3 minutes of leaving the house I was in the middle of nowhere.


2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

and they don't call it Big Sky for nothing. Nicely done, Jason.

Jason Waskey said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the comment! And yes, you're right. The sky really is pretty big out there.