Thursday, October 11, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (sold)


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, oil on masonite, 5" X 7", 2007
sold

Sometimes it's hard to find painting subjects that inspire you that aren't also being covered perfectly well by other artists. Pastry for example. There's lots of phenomenal pastry paintings out there. Here are a few examples to name a few:
Will I ever paint a piece of pastry? Sure, probably at some point.
Just about everything you think to paint has been done by someone else, but you do try to be original.
So I thought "hey, what about books? I haven't seen a lot of paintings of books..." and I had a perfect tome picked out: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So what happens? I immediately come across Michael Naples. Who of course has been painting books...
Here's mine anyway.

No comments: