Monday, June 29, 2009

Siletz Bay #2 (sold)


Siletz Bay, oil on linen, 10" X 8", 2008
sold



I went down to Lincoln City to spend a long weekend with my dad and girlfriend. There was a paint out scheduled, and this was my entry. Two hours, from 12:00 to 2:00.

The sun peeked out of the clouds for a bit, and I quickly keyed my colors up, which is why my painting's a little more saturated than the photo.

I've painted the Lincoln City area before, and Siletz Bay in particular.
If you look at the image in this post, you can see the beach I was sitting on in the painting above.

4 comments:

Don Gray said...

Great to have you back, Jason--you've been missed! Really enjoying these seascapes.

Jason Waskey said...

Thank you Don-- you're too kind.

I have a lot of catching up to do on folk whose work I follow online-- like yours. :)

I'm off to Montana for a few days-- I hope to get some painting done on the trip!

Cheers,

Jason

lifeartist said...

The first two seascape have a wonderful watercolor feel. The subject matter and weather conditions lent themselves to it.

I am biased as a watercolorist. I started with watercolor and move to acrylics and oil on canvas. Watercolor is my preferred medium

Jason Waskey said...

Lifeartist:

Thanks! I stared out in watercolor too, lo these many years ago. :)