Friday, May 30, 2008

Yaquina Head- Road Trip 02


Yaquina Head, oil on canvas, 10" X 8", 2008
$225 USD

e-mail me for purchase information

This painting is from the same day as yesterday's post, a little farther south. The weather, while still misty (it is the ocean side, after all) has definitely warmed up. Very sunny...
There is a perfectly nice lighthouse at this park, but I wasn't quite up to tackling it, so I worked on this bluff instead.


As you may notice, there's no umbrella attached to the easel here (as in yesterday's post). It was far too windy, so I did without.

I also did without sunscreen, and developed quite a nasty burn on my neck and arms.


View Larger Map



4 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

you've gotten up to speed pretty quickly I'd say. I like it.
I read the post about the lighthouse and the tidal pools. I love places like that but most of all, "I love a road trip". Paint on.

Don Gray said...

These plein airs are great, Jason. Makes me long to get back to the Oregon coast, it is so beautiful.

Jason Waskey said...

Mary,

I like Hopper almost *too* much to think about tackling the lighthouse, but it *is* pretty neat.

Jason Waskey said...

Don,

Thanks! I had (and have been having) lots of fun with it.

I have always loved the Oregon coast (I lived in Lincoln City for a while), but I have to say northern California, to say... San Franciso/Monterey really grew on me.