Wednesday, April 3, 2013

In Progress...

I've been working in preparation for a group show at Brackenwood gallery in Langley this May titled "A Matter of Taste." I had this idea of a trio of paintings arranged in quartets (was that too much math? It might have been for me): Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. I've got Dinner done already and just managed to finish Breakfast which for some reason felt like the bear of the bunch.

We'll see how Lunch goes.

You've seen a couple of studies done for Breakfast (egg #1 and egg #2), here's a few behind the scenes sneak peeks...

Eggy goodness.
I broke the yolk on the first one pulling it from the pan, so I had to fry another to have a complete yolk as a model.
Maybe not the healthiest of meals.

Finished off with a cup of coffee.
 

2 comments:

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Love these views of your studio - you should do a post with a complete studio tour in photos sometime!!

Jason Waskey said...

Hmmm... might do. Might do.

Of course, there's not much more to it than what you see there... :)

(thanks!)